- Personal data is information that, individually or in combination with other information, can be used to identify, locate or contact a person. Examples of personal data are name, email address, phone number or IP address.
- Processing of personal data means any kind of handling of personal data, for example, when we collect information about a customer in order to deliver a product. Under section 5 you can read about the purposes for which we may process your personal information.
- The data controller is the company which determines what personal data shall be requested and what the purpose to this is. It is the data controller’s responsibility to ensure that the processing of your personal data is in accordance with applicable personal data regulation.
2.What data do we collect?
Our Company collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
- When you get in touch with us, e.g. via email, phone or visit our website (www.brightcharger.com), we process personal data. Depending on the situation we may ask for the following personal data:
- First Name, Last Name and/or Surname
- Email address
- Country and/ or region and/or city
- Phone number
- Which company you work for
- Job title and/or Position in your company
- Which industry you work in
- Website address of your company
- Other data that is featured in the communication
- Usernames on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter when communicating with BrightCharger Europe Oy Ltd and/or BrightCharger Inc is through social media, as well as other information that you may provide.
- Technical Data: The URL through which you can access our web pages, your IP address and user-type, browser type, language, and identification and operating system information.
3.How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Our Company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
Our Company may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- We may also process other data about you that you have previously provided to us. Based on publicly available information, we may also complete your registered data with us. If you are a customer to us, we may complete your data with additional contact information.
4.How will we use your data?
We always strive for only processing the personal information that is necessary to fulfill our commitments to you. In addition, personal data may also be used for certain limited purposes. Our Company collects your data so that we can:
- Fulfill our commitments according to an agreement with you or in accordance with law;
- Communicate with you and respond to requests;
- Customer care and information about our products including processing your order and manage your account.
- Sales and marketing activities in the form of direct mail, which may also include product offers, special offers on other products and services we think you might like and other content that you may be interested in to give you a more personal experience or social media updates
- To get statistics and information about user behavior to improve our website, social media channels and the user experience of these
- Maintain a customer register
If you agree, Our Company will share your data with our partner companies so that they may offer you their products and services. The list of partner organizations that will and/or may receive data are updated on Our website www.brightcharger.com.
When Our Company processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
5.Who has access to your personal data
We constantly strive for that your personal data is only processed by those who need to. Generally, data will be available to persons within the company who work in the departments of marketing, law, finance and communication. In addition, data can be processed by other people at BrightCharger Europe Oy Ltd that you are in direct contact with.
6.Newsletters and other direct marketing
As an example, when you are or become a customer to BrightCharger Europe Oy Ltd and/or BrightCharger Inc or have shown interest in Our products and activities (e.g. by subscribing to our newsletter), We may send You our newsletter or other direct marketing to You via email. These will contain information about our products or services or other events and updates within Our business. Within the framework of GDPR, we are of the opinion that we have a legitimate interest in maintaining business relations and communicating with you about our products and operations. You can update your subscription settings and decline future marketing emails by following the link you find at the bottom of all our marketing emails, or by contacting us directly.
7.How do we store your data?
BrightCharger Europe Oy Ltd and BrightCharger Inc We will keep your personal data for processing for no longer then what is necessary to fulfill the purpose of its collection, then we delete the data. If you have an active dialogue with us, your data is stored for 24 months from the latest interaction; then we will discard the data we have registered about you. An active dialogue is defined as having interacted with us or our representatives by telephone, email, downloading materials on the website or registering via a form. If you are a licensee or customer to us, we will save the data for seven years after the termination of the agreement in accordance with law, e.g. the Finnish Accounting Act and US public order regulations. We process your personal data for email newsletters or other direct mail until you terminate your subscription. Then we will delete the personal data. When you are employed by a company that is a customer, partner or licensee to us, we process your data in order to fulfill our agreement and to give customer care. During active relationships with your company, we process your data until either you have terminated your employment at the company or the company no longer has an active relationship with us. If a relationship with a customer, partner or licensee has ended, our storage and processing of your data will follow the same conditions as described in the previous two paragraphs. If you terminate your employment at the company, you are responsible for notifying us so that we can delete your information. Please note that some information may be processed for longer than what is stated above if we are required to do so by law, by a governmental or court decision, due to a legal dispute or when there is a risk of the latter or similar.
Our Company would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies. List organizations that will receive data is updated on our website. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop Our Company from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Our Company Group. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
9.What are your data protection rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Email us at: email@example.com
Or write to us: P.O. Box 60, 00101 HELSINKI, FINLAND
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
12.What types of cookies do we use?
There are number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
13.How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
14.Privacy policies of other websites
16.How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: +358 50 3883640
Or write to us at: P.O. Box 60, 00101 HELSINKI, FINLAND
17.How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that we have not y addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.